There is some interesting progress with my project Fatica.Labs.HqlEditor. I just want to share some screenshot:
Well, it is growing to be a real tool, and in my idea would became a sort of test bed in which the user can add or modify mapping, try the queries, change the config, export a database script, reverse engineering and so on. Actually all the low level tool to achieve that are available.
Ok, let’s explain the layout:
- The document area, here we have mapping/config/hql all with intellisense. In the screenshot the code completion for an Hql is shown. In future maybe I will be able to insert a T4 editor for the hbm2net templates.
- The project area: here we have a bounch of file that are representing our testing project: mapping, configurations, assemblies and so on. I have use the MSbuild object as a backend for the project, because in the near future I would like to use it to really build some artifacts using hbm2net and db2hbm.
- Here is the SQL preview of the query in editing. Now the view is showing an error because the query is incomplete.
- The funny log, a graphical appender for log4net
Some more words about the project itself: the testing environment is hosted in a separate appdomain, this will allow us to:
- Modify the mapping runtime generating new version of the assembly
- Testing production assemblies built with legacy nh versions ( well, not so legacy, starting from 2.xxx )
Let’s have another screenshot, showing a real SQL preview:
Next step is to produce the query results in some sort of usable representation ( I need to push the data across two app domain ) so I would probably use some JSON serialization and then display the JSON raw data with some readable formatting.
You can see a little demo video here.
The project is not yet released, please treat it as a CTP ;) anyway, the svn repository is here: